Monday, March 24, 2008
Nostalgia
10:59 PM
I went back to Wms today to hand in my letter to request permission to collect my reference letter from Mdm Haslina. I had a pretty weird feeling when I was walking into the school. It had been ages since I'd last stepped into our high school and everything looked so distinctly familiar and yet, unfamiliar. The canteen still looks the same, with Uncle Jimmy and his staff cooking at the back. I wonder if he still remembers us, the regular customers of his, always trying to wait for him to sell food so that we can get that extra scoop of mash potatoes or extra butter on our toasted garlic bread. The only difference is the extraordinaryly shining white tiles covering the corridors.
The labs are still in the same condition as how they were when we left. Now I can relate to all the former students who went back to visit their teachers, on how the exhilarating feeling they get when they walk into the school grounds because they haven't been back for ages, on the curiosity on how the teachers are and how the school system is after they'd left, on the familiar infrastructure of the school but yet, the unfamiliar faces of their juniors and new teachers. It's all very, very, very nostalgic.
Now I can understand why everyone stressed on so hard for us to enjoy high school, on why college life would be immensely different. Although we get much more freedom in college, less rules or "guidelines" as Fat P would have preferred to call it, but we lose out on the closeness and the tight knit family which we used to own in high school. I said used to because we were close but lesser now. Not that we'd lost touch of it all, and it is definately not of anyone's fault. It's just how life goes. As another chapter begins to unfold, everyone has their own commitments and issues that they had to attend to. We start heading to different colleges, different life paths, having different circle of friends and begin to drift apart.
I went pass our Chemistry lab and Mdm Haslina was teaching her Form 5-ers. They were our Form 3 juniors when we were in Form 5. This is an example on how fast time flies. College life is much more fast paced compared to high school, but there is nothing much to keep at heart compared to high school.
Kinda wished that we are back in high school instead.
I need a hug :(

Back in 4W :D 
damn posers right?!??! :D :D :D

Langkawi trip 2005Labels: :(, nostalgia
i've got soul but i'm not a soldier