Friday, January 26, 2007
9:22 PM
Recent events had left me pondering on whether people do get blinded by love. I mean like a close friend of mine is/was really troubled on this issue with his current/ex girlfriend. I used "is/was" and "current/ex" because the number of times they've broken up and reunited again ia like neverending and I can never keep track on whether they've broken up indeed or are they still together. My close friend loves her very much indeed but he's blinded by the fact that she's actually toying with his feelings. No offence. To me, it's pretty obvious where she's heading to. Unfortunately to him, he's still blinded towards the fact their relationship is actually hanging on a thin thread. By adding a little tug to it, the string is definately gonna break.
She broke up with him once with the reason they don't spend enough time together. I was wondering, if you really love someone whole heartedly, time is not a factor anymore. Sacrifices must be made if you really want to stay together and you can always discuss with the other party and see to the adjustments made so that both of you can meet. If the initiative was really taken and your relationship is really strong, there should be no problem surfacing anymore. I've tried to talk some sense into his head but of course it's not working and he's still holding on pretty tightly, hoping for a postive change in this relationship. And the decision is actually on his girl friend. If she wants to break up, there's nothing he could do or say. Persuading is pretty tough I supposed. Afterall, she's pretty stubborn like a COW.
To me, I think love should be a relationship shared by both parties who really trust each other and are willing to sacrifice without question and tolerate each other to mend problems and solve them, instead of seeking a cowardly solution, which is to break up. And when someone you love hurts you, it would be the most hurtful thing that has ever happended to you.
Bah. I'm babbling on nonsensical issues again x). Oh well, the decision's his. I don't want to influence him in his decisions. And it's entirely up to him I guess.
After all this time
I never thought we'd be here
Never thought we'd be here
When my love for you was blind
But I couldn't make you see it
Couldn't make you see it
That I loved you more than you'll ever know
A part of me died when I let you go
-Blind by Lifehouse-
i've got soul but i'm not a soldier