Sunday, December 25, 2005
Merry Christmas!!! =D
11:45 PM
Merry Christmas!! =D
It has been awhile since I've blogged!!! Hehe. I'm just tooooo lazy. BUT haha I've loads of pics so yeah I should let the pics do the talking... =)
Okay, first up...
My Singapore Trip!!
Singapore, a land of breath taking Christmas decorations and EXPENSIVE shopping. *Sigh* Why does everything have to be so expensive when you convert the price into RM?!?! What a turn off.
Was at Singapore from the 18th to the 20th of December =) . Because of the high exchange rate I didn't buy anything on the first day =( . What a waste. Anyway here are the pics =D. Enjoy.
Orchard Road during the day...
The Christmas tree at the Paragon!!
Mum, grandma and I under the Christmas tree
The cool Christmas tree =)
Little kids preparing for Christmas carolling
Orchard Road at night....
The next day, my mum wanted to get some Transformer thingy for her friend's son. So we went to the Toy'R Us at Forum and phew it's bloody HUGE. The Toy' R Us we have here are like teeny compared to the one in Singapore. Look what I've found there.
Kirby!!!!
Seiyu wasn't as great as I thought it would be though. It's alright I guess but just not fantastic. I actually thought it is a street or sth. Well I've found the best chocolate eclair/cake thingy there so no regrets!! It's just simply heavenly man. The outer layer is like crispy chocolate layer and the filling is smooth chocolate sauce!! I'm craving for somemore now while I'm typing this!!
MmmmMmmmm...
At night, we took the Hippo bus for a tour around the city for sight seeing and also to take pictures of the gorgeous lightings!! It was my first time on a double decker bus so I was kinda excited. *grinsssssss* The whole tour lasted around 30 minutes and it was quite fun.
The Hippo bus!! =D
The little drummer boy...
More lightings...
Cool M&Ms decoration *hearts*
Ain't it pretty?!
Why can't the Malaysian government decorate Bintang Walk like THAT?!!? Yay the Yuletide mood!! =) I think this year's best deco is at Mid Valley with the theme of White Christmas =) . All I can say is it's management is willing to dump in big bucks generously for the decorations and display this year!!
Guo Dong Festival
All because of this stupid tradition Yan and I missed Sare's Christmas production. And we felt sooooooooooooooooooooooooo BAD =( . Sare if you're reading this please please don't be mad okay?!?! We totally forgot that the 22nd is the Guo Dong festival =( . Hope that you like the poem though =p. Hehe.
Anyway Guo Dong is like a Chinese tradition and it meant the beginning of winter, which is also known as the Winter Solstice. At this very day, family members would gather around and make tiny lil glutinous balls, tong yuen and eat them with ginger soup. The whole purpose during the ancient times was to keep everyone warm and fuzzy cause ginger heats up your body. But for now we just do it as a family activity and to mess around with the flour *for me that is* =p.
Pandan flavoured dough!! XD
Basically I don't see the reason why must the tong yuens are made into tiny lil balls. Why can't they be in any other shapes?!!?!?? For example squares, triangles, animals, stick-like-humans etc. ISN'T IT?!?! So, for this year I beg to differ from the usual ones....
TA DAH!!! I made heart shaped ones!!!!!! =D =D
And you know what??
My mum said I was SIAO. How mean. But it was fun anyway XD.
I love tong yuens <3Ah Yu's BBQ party
Yup. Ah Yu hosted a BBQ party for Christmas this year at his house and Yan and I joined in the fun!!! At first Ah Yu didn't invite us *we were furious* cause he was in the States and the whole BBQ thing was organised by May Shan and Shiao Ling. Hehe. We are the VIPS man.. HOW DARE HE?!?!? Haha. Nah just kidding. Anyway he msged us both when he came back and asked us to join in. Yan came over to my house to get ready before the BBQ. And she wanted to wear a pink poofy skirt which resembles a prom skirt. PLUS a hat. *crazee woman* Somehow we finally decided we'll not dress up so kua jiong and settled on jeans and a top.
Arrived at 6.30 ish cause my dad wanted to go jogging and decided to send us off early =.=". Meanie. We were actually planning to arrive later so that everything would be done by then and we could just help ourselves with the food. Hehe. Alas we had to help start the fire too but it was fun anyway although it was friggin hot =.= . Oh yeah and Baby Loong's the King of BBQ =D *applause applause*
Ah Ma and I =) She's so cute
Ah Yu's small doggie, Scrabs =D He's so fluffy and adorable
Food was alright I guess. We had turkey with cranberrie sauce and it was quite good!! BBQ-ed chicken wings, sausages and lamb chops. And Ah Yu's mum made lil egg tarts *how very nice of her* and they were delicious. We had to bring a present each to exchange with the others. We drew lots and I got Yan's pressie. Did I mention it was Famous Amos cookies?!?! Nyek nyek nyek. Yan was hoping she would get her present back. Muahahha. Fat chance.
Cam whoring as usual =p
Us with our pressies =)
Smile =) [fr lft: Shin, Wei Jin, Me, Yan and Baby Loong]
Yan's funny face XD
the Christmas log cake which Yet Shin bought
Me and Yan again =) *look at her ears.. she hung the candy sticks onto her ears as earrings XD*
Christmas Eve!!!*hearts*
Woke up quite early today, around 9.30 cause I'm going to Mid Valley to watch King Kong =) . Took the Lrt there, reached there bout 12 noon and got the tickets. The movie was alright to me despite the ugly comments I've heard from other people. It wasn't THAT bad but it was nothing spectacular either. King Kong was a three hour long show, so guys if you're going to watch it please ensure that you've gone to the loo before the show starts. And my advice, don't drink too much before you go into the cinema. A very BAD idea. The whole plot was kinda draggy and it took an hour for the ship to reach Skull Island *where King Kong was found*. I still find the dinosaur bit in the movie ridiculous and funny =D. Spoilers for you all....King Kong died in the end. Muahahah. Now I've killed your suspense. I'm evil I know. *evil laughter*
Went santa hat hunting but to no avail =( . Wanted to find the nice ones with no small tiny lights along the white cloth lining bit but everywhere seemed to be selling the same ones with a hefty price for a santa hat. Owh well.. walked around Mv for last minute present hunting too cause I've a dinner later at night, and had to get my twin cussies something. There were sales EVERYWHERE, literally. Bought Yivonne a gorgeous bracelet at MNG and Yilaine a box of Merci chocolates.
Rushed home at 5 ish to prepare for the dinner at Sudu, KL Hilton. We *my cousins and I* arrived quite early and decided to walk around and cam whore at the hotel. The swimming pool on the 8th floor was a great place to do so and it was pretty nice. Unfortunately it was raining at that time. Felt this urge to dance in the rain. Had always wanted to do that. Must put it as one of my new year's resolutions for 2006 =) .
Me and my cousin brother, Kenneth
Santa, Panda, Santarina and Jester =D What else can you ask for??[fr lft: Kee En, Yivonne, Yilaine and me]
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr I don't know them XD
I don't think I know her either XD XD
Yivonne and I =)
Me and Yilaine =)
Two Santarinas and a Panda in the toilet XD
Last but not least....
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! =D =D
i've got soul but i'm not a soldier